The Board of Elders at Central United Church is the official governance body of the church. Its mission is to give spiritual and temporal leadership to the ministry and mission of the congregation.
As empowered leaders of the congregation, we are responsible for designing Central’s Mission, Vision, and Values and ensuring their dynamic fulfillment
Here are a few of the orienting principles that guide the vision and leadership of the Board of Elders:
- Envisioning its future, the Board of Elders sets goals and strategies to carry out Central’s mission
- Examining and exploring major issues, the Board of Elders sets policies and procedures around them
- The Board of Elders is responsible for ensuring that Central’s resources be used effectively to carry out its mission
- As spiritual leaders, the Elders seek to be visible and maintain effective two-way communication with the congregation
- The Board of Elders strives to perpetually learn and grow spiritually as well as keep current with respect to all aspects of the church’s organization
- The Board of Elders endeavours to be a strong, unified team – bound together by our common goal and passion for Jesus.
Current Board of Elders
Earle Allen (Lifetime Elder)
Diane Scheibner (Chair)
Michael Ward (Past Chair)
Howard Moore (Lifetime Elder)